Tuesday 12 January 2016

Blue Birds of Happiness

There will be two blue birds but here is current progress on my oversized thimblepod.
Back in the day when I was on a much larger salary with greater disposable income, I splurged on Gloriana Silks for this project.   I remember ordering them on line from Australia and being super impressed when they arrived.   Soft as, well, silk and smooth as butter they are a delight to sew with. Can you tell I am enjoying this project so far?
Designed to be stitched over one on 32 count linen, I am instead stitching this over two threads of fabric.   Perhaps this will turn out big enough to hold treasures other than thimbles??

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

There are lovely colors in this project. I love silks, too.

cucki said...

It's so sweet
I love birds so much x

Blu said...

Very pretty.

Pamela said...

I know what you mean about silk. This is very pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely delicate colours in this one. I expect you are very pleased to have stockpiled the silks for it.

Mylene said...

A beautiful starts!