It’s about time for another catch up - at least to record progress on my stitching. Currently I am obsessed with Kogin and with some of what’s left of the red Lugana I am making two tray mats. The DBEM and I usually have our evening meal on a tray in front of the television so we will appreciate a new cloth each for that. There are many stitches in these so this is a long term project and we will continue to use our old ones meanwhile :) I am stitching one "diamond" on each mat first as the book needs to go back to the library and I can then copy my stitching to complete the mats.
Many years ago I found the instructions for a folding etui on a French blog and carefully kept the instructions.
And the weather has turned bitterly cold and my head and ears get really cold on my daily walk so I am knitting myself a beret in left over yarn. I’m not a fan of knitting in the round and as this is definitely a “ needs must” project I’m going to knit it flat and put a seam up the back.
Today was sunny (but still bitterly cold) and I managed to get my lawns mowed and also a quick pulling of weeds in the vegetable garden. There are carrots ready and broccoli and silverbeet coming on apace. The leeks are doing well but it is a slower race with those! In the flower garden I still have roses blooming at the same time as the daffodils are in bud. Our weather has certainly been strange this year. Next week I am scheduled for my pacemaker lead replacement (finally I hope) and so won't be mowing lawns or doing gardening for a couple of weeks. I'm working my way through a "must do before the 30th" list of jobs. Tomorrow the weatherman has promised fine but cold so I may be outdoors again and the baking and other indoor jobs can wait until the wet weekend.