Tuesday 22 June 2021

Kogin and Cross Stitch

 It’s about time for another catch up - at least to record progress on my stitching.   Currently I am obsessed with Kogin and with some of what’s left of the red Lugana I am making two tray mats.   The DBEM and I usually have our evening meal on a tray in front of the television so we will appreciate a new cloth each for that.   There are many stitches in these so this is a long term project and we will continue to use our old ones meanwhile :) I am stitching one "diamond" on each mat first as the book needs to go back to the library and I can then copy my stitching to complete the mats.


Many years ago I found the instructions for a folding etui on a French blog and carefully kept the instructions.   


Then more recently I burrowed down a Pinterest hole and found this.   


So I have started a new sewing/stitching/project bag.   In DMC930 I am stitching over one thread of fabric on 28 count Cashel linen so this too will not be a quick finish.

And the weather has turned bitterly cold and my head and ears get really cold on my daily walk so I am knitting myself a beret in left over yarn.   I’m not a fan of knitting in the round and as this is definitely a “ needs must” project I’m going to knit it flat and put a seam up the back.  

Today was sunny (but still bitterly cold) and I managed to get my lawns mowed and also a quick pulling of weeds in the vegetable garden.   There are carrots ready and broccoli and silverbeet coming on apace.   The leeks are doing well but it is a slower race with those!   In the flower garden I still have roses blooming at the same time as the daffodils are in bud.   Our weather has certainly been strange this year.   Next week I am scheduled for my pacemaker lead replacement (finally I hope) and so won't be mowing lawns or doing gardening for a couple of weeks.   I'm working my way through a "must do before the 30th" list of jobs.   Tomorrow the weatherman has promised fine but cold so I may be outdoors again and the baking and other indoor jobs can wait until the wet weekend.


4 comments:

Mylene said...

That looks so neat white on red fabric. and good start on the sewing bag.

Queeniepatch said...

You are so patient and work with very small stitches.
The Kogin tray mats will be a delight to use I am sure.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Kogin work is beautiful. I would be scared of spilling food and it getting stained!
Hope the pacemaker appointment works out this time.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, great projects - I love the Kogin, it looks striking on the red fabric. Hope you are doing alright and ready for your appointment!