This week I finished the Kogin for the fifth little bag. The DBEM will testify that I got into a good rhythm with this and the speed increased. But lesson learned - I will not be attempting Kogin on fine 36 count linen again. In my fabric stash there is plenty of much coarser linen and I will use that. Next up I plan on making placemats. Watch this space.
With some difficulty I traced off one side of the pattern for the Noodle Box Bag and have stitched it.
There are just the gold bugle beads to go at the upturns of the pagoda roofs but they can wait until the very end. I'm using a Perle 12 from Gumnut Threads as once again I was determined to use only stash. Isn't it amazing what limited access to a specialty needlework shop can do? Ha ha. I really desperately miss my Ribbon Rose (LNS in Auckland) and even more so as I am contemplating another big project which requires Gloriana threads. I'm sure that Ribbon rose would have something suitable to substitute if I were able to visit in person. I've been researching on line but the international post and packaging from Needle in a Haystack are extortionate so I'm thinking about alternatives.
And the Deruta Sfilato (Italian Drawn Threadwork) is coming along. The first attempt at drawing the threads resulted in disaster. I had miscounted:( However that piece is being used as a "doodle cloth" to test out the stitches and I started again and was more careful and the second time it has worked.
The daisy in the centre is now complete and I am ready to put in stars and a net filling. I am enjoying this very much and forsee more Drawn Threadwork in my future.
Tomorrow is a public holiday here in New Zealand but that will make little difference to my normal routine of life. This week looks like being rather busy with DBEM's medical appointments. I'll be back soon.