Sunday 13 March 2016

Flags

No stitching update tonight.   I am still working on the florentine bag and have made good progress.   On Tuesday I have my Alison Snepp hussif class and will legitimately be able to start a new piece:-)
Neither of my current projects have really gripped my interest and I have high hopes for this class.

Here in New Zealand we are in the middle of a binding referendum on a new flag.  Initially we chose one from five and that narrowed the final choice to these.
A tick for the new goes on top or a tick for the old goes below.   The HD3QBEM is upset that the new one is on top and she says this shows bias on the government's part.  The ballot is postal so results won't be known until after 24th March.  

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I agree with your mom. People are more likely to choose the one on top.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A white feather? That will have negative connatations for anyone who can remember the last World War!
It's a nice design for a company logo but not really very flag like.
And it's going to be a PITA to cross stitch!

Heather said...

Goodness, if the fern is picked, imagine how hard it will be for school children to draw. I thought our maple leaf was hard, but it is as easy as pie compared to that.

I hope the majority of the people are happy with whatever the result is. We've had our flag since 1965, and there are some people who still complain about it. ;)