Thursday 2 June 2016

The roses have bloomed

Tonight I finished the last of the rosebuds but have just run out of time to complete all the eyelets.
Hardanger tassels have lots of eyelets.   I am pleased with the delicate colourings of this - just what I imagined, which is a surprise.   The floss colours are as per the chart but I used a scrap of 32 count linen from stash so wasn't certain it would look just like the picture in my mind.  Well done Margaret!

We have a long weekend as the first Monday in June is always a public holiday to celebrate the birthday of the Queen.  I have taken an extra day annual leave so won't need to go back to work until Wednesday.  

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely work Margaret and what a good feeling - no work till the middle of next week:-)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful, Margaret! I love the roses!

Denise said...

Love the delicate rosebuds!
I hope you & your Mom had a fun and relaxing
long holiday!
We had Monday off here (May 30th) for Memorial Day. Many local businesses close for
this but not so many of the larger, corporate owned. Wishing you well....

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work Margaret, love the roses

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful work.
This is most unfair, we don't get a day off for the Queen's Birthday!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I agree with you - the colourings are lovely.