Friday 3 June 2016

Good progress tonight

Having finished all the eyelets for the tassel, I'm now working on the lace filling for the bookmark.   This is done in two 'journeys' so all being well I should get this finished tomorrow as journey one is completed.
During the week I watched the first episode of an interesting documentary on The Dunedin Study.   This world renowned  multi-disciplinary health and development study has followed 1037 people from their birth in Dunedin in 1972.  You can read more about it here.   One of the psychologists told of five personality types they had defined during this study - Undercontrolled, Inhibited, Confident, Reserved, and Well-adjusted.  

Now why have I mentioned that?   Well, I feel very Undercontrolled at present with far too many projects on the go.   So I must must must finish the tassel and bookmark, then the florentine stitch pocket, then my knitted cardigan and then the hardanger runner for my coffee table.   By which stage I will be ready for some construction.

My reward for all this activity will be to stitch a hardanger angel -  which is already kitted up and providing an unnecessary temptation :-)

4 comments:

KimM said...

Beautiful progress...
xxx

Heritage Hall said...

Have looked but cannot find a pattern
for the beautiful Cross bookmark...Can
you tell me the source? Many thanks.

Mary

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such beautiful work. I don't mind having more than one project on the go at any one time but I do like to have one main focus piece.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's nice to have more than one project on the go but I'm not keen on having too many either. A hardanger angel! - I plan to stitch one of these for my Christmas tree this year.