Monday 20 June 2016

Christmas Cat

Today I have a croaky voice and a sore throat so was sent home from work early.  We had a fine sunny day and it was great to have time to curl up on the sofa, slowly sip a hot drink and finish my next Inspector Rebus book.
Then I decided to proceed with this Christmas ornament.   I have decided that, at a little over 3 inches square it is too big for an ornament but would make a splendid notebook cover.   One would need an enormous tree for ornaments of this size.  IMHO it really needs to be stitched over one, but I am not about to repeat this to prove my point, so a notebook cover it will be.
On the way home I diverted to The Ribbon Rose and purchased DMC319 and a small gold star to finish the other ornament, so may achieve two finishes this week.   I am sure that stash will provide fabric for the backings.


5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sorry you're still under the weather Margaret. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

I love these cat ornaments! Looking good so far Margaret!

KimM said...

Sorry you're still ill. Love the stitching...
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a cute design. I look at her designs every Christmas issue but haven't stitched one yet!
Hope you feel better soon.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your idea of a notebook cover.