Sunday, 22 May 2016

Rejuvenated

Nearly 25 years ago I knitted a bedjacket for the HD3QBEM.   I well remember doing this in secret so that it would be a surprise.   All in 4ply, it took an inordinate amount of time but the result was well received.
Now, all that time later, the neck band had given way and had been inexpertly repaired in secret by the HD3QBEM herself.   Once I discovered that, I decided that the repair needed repairing but alas the yarn cannot be purchased now.   So in the stash I found a near-enough-match and this afternoon created a new neck band and therefore a very happy HD3QBEM.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Margaret - so much knitting when using 4 ply. Good for you finding a close match to work up a new neckline.

    ReplyDelete