Thursday 28 February 2013

February Christmas Ornament

First things first.
This year I signed up for the Monthly Ornament SAL (you can find more details here) so I am proud to show you my February offering.

I rather suspect I am going to have to buy a bigger Christmas Tree this year in order to display my collection of stitched ornaments.
In between other chores I have used up a small scrap of some sea green evenweave and DMC perle cotton to create this cube/fob.

On each face I stitched a different "flower" and whipped the back stitch edge together to close up the cube.

Quite a lot of fun to do and such a good feeling knowing that I hadn't wasted any of the fabric scrap.   My oh my.  Such economy!
Tonight I am going to try and complete the blackwork for my tape measure cover while listening to this audiobook, which I recommend.   It is very funny.


12 comments:

Lisa said...

Great finishes :-)

cucki said...

So sweet x

Pamela said...

I love the February ornament, and it looks like it is done in your favorite color floss. Looking forward to seeing the blackwork for the tape measure!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Pretty ornament finish. Love the thread color. What was it? The cubed fob came out great too. CJ in OK

Elfie said...

Lovely finishes. Congratulations.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do envy you your finishing skills Margaret.

Unknown said...

Love the ornament...nice to see it worked up! And the cube is cute...great idea!

Karen said...

I love your Christmas ornament. It's the perfect shade of red. Cute little cube too. :)

Ruth said...

Beautiful, beautiful work. Congrats on the ornaments (good luck on the bigger tree!) and thanks for sharing your adventures down Memory Lane :)

Unknown said...

WOW your ornament is so pretty.. Will be a great addition to your tree

karamino said...

Love the ornaments, they are cute!

Fiona said...

Great finishes. I stitched the same ornament last year in green it is such a pretty ornament.