Saturday 30 June 2018

From Morn till Night

Up early this morning to make the DBEM's favourite gingernut biscuits.   Then I finished this....
I'm rather pleased with this and will mount it on a blue silk book cover - once I find the stationery shop selling the notebook I want.
Next was the ironing, the shopping, the housework and then the DBEM and I went to a city park for some time in the sun.
I went for a walk around the park narrowly avoiding all the avid joggers and the numerous dogs taking their people for walks.   A jogger and I crashed when I stopped to take this photo.
What is happening?   It's winter here and the snow drops were flowering in abundance!   Even some beautiful yellow daffodils and some jonquils.   
And tonight I finally plucked up courage to try my hand with this.
Some faded black jeans needed to be re-blackened.   A colleague at work assured me that dyeing was a doddle and gave me a packet of the necessary.   I wasn't wearing the faded jeans anyway so if it doesn't work then nothing is lost.   They have "cooked" in their dyebath and are now in the washing machine being rinsed in"cool water and soft detergent".

After all that I deserve a rest I think....(These photos were taken on my iPhone and I'm not so pleased with their clarity.   It will be back to my proper camera from now on).

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The embroidered letter is a delight Margaret, it's a lovely gift to give. Do you enjoy this type of work as much as you do hardanger?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The L looks lovely, the perfect gift. Glad that you enjoyed the walk too, apart from the jogger!

Anna van Schurman said...

What a pretty gift!

Leonore Winterer said...

The floral L looks amazing! Well done. I hope both you and the jogger were okay after your crash?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm loving your embroidery monogram. Looks like lily of the valley and what a sweet find. Good luck with your jeans.