Thursday 14 June 2018

Progress

Today was the first time this week I was able to walk to work.  Heavy rain on the other days meant I drove and parked at the Prison carpark across the road from my office.   All very convenient but not so good for the health.
So it was with a spring in my step that I set off today.   Along the way this beautiful gingko tree provided a golden carpet - somewhat slippery after the rain but still very pretty.
Tonight I have finished the outlines of the upper jacket for a hardanger tassel. 
Currently my right eye is again a patriotric blue and red from yet another haemorrhage so I will leave the delicate one over one embroidered rose for another day.   (And I swear that if another of my colleagues makes comments about me losing out in a fight I will lay a personal grievance - why can't they just leave me alone?) 


4 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you were able to walk, the color in the trees is very nice. Sorry to hear about the eyes, and sorry people are giving you a hard time. What causes your hemorrhages to happen?
Sandy's Space

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's so odd seeing autumn colours Margaret. We've had a storm today and it's caused havoc with the trees - they are so full at the moment that there is greenery strewn everywhere.

Leonore Winterer said...

The Ginko is very pretty, as is your tassel. I hope your eye will be better soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful Autumn colours and a lovely start to the tassel.
Why do people always think they are the first to make that joke?