Sunday 24 June 2018

Welcome to my angel

Here she is in all her lacy glory. 
I'm rather pleased with her - she fulfills a long held wish and due to the very great kindness of Heather from Whanganui I was able to finish her.   Thank you very much for the heads Heather.  Plastic spray bottles, bamboo skewers, some pellon and a few yards of ribbon - and voila!
I wasn't able to obtain proper "hair" so dacron pillow filling had to suffice.   A couple of strands of gold cord for a halo and I will keep my eyes peeled for some tiny stars to sprinkle in her hair.
She's all lace and ribbons at the back too. 
And beside her colourful smaller older sister she looks rather gorgeous.   I'm leaving them both out to enjoy for a few days before they go to their special box for storage until Christmas.   Lace Angel is described as a tree topper in the chart but her body is an empty plastic spray bottle so she will stand on her own and won't go anywhere near my tree:-)

11 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

She's beautiful Margaret, so many clever stitches in one piece. Enjoy her before she goes away till Christmas:-)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just lovely aren’t they. You have been very productive! Love your Christmas preparations too.

Diana said...

Very pretty!

Frugally challenged said...

Those are wonderful!

Petal said...

Right time right item in my stash so happy it has turned out so well. You will have an elegant Christmas display this year Petal

MartinaM said...

Wow this angel looks so great, fantastic.

Sandy said...

Very very pretty and she'll look good on the tree, or center of your table or sideboard or wherever you put her.
Sandy's Space
She'd be pretty on the fireplace mantle also...really anywhere.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She looks amazing! She matches my NOEL letters which I really must finish one year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh wow, she's really pretty, and makes a fetching pair with her sister!

Anna van Schurman said...

These angels are so beautiful!

Terri said...

Gorgeous angels! Love them!