Tuesday 19 June 2018

Christmas is coming

It's almost the shortest day here in New Zealand and soon we will literally be counting down to Christmas. 
I had a scrap of linen left over from the last ornament and rather than waste it created these which will be stuck to card to make gift tags,   What a good idea do I hear you say?   Well I think so.
I've not decided whether to fringe all four or not.   I'll stick this scarlet suede effect contact adhesive to thin card and glue the tags on.   With a ribbon through one end they should make effective gift tags.
Each year I make an ornament each for the nieces and nephews - five in total.   Tonight I started number four so am well on track.   But I do have another deadline project to be completed by September so must keep up the momentum.

I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle tonight.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Wonderful idea, Margaret! They're adorable!

MartinaM said...

Very nice little ornaments,
martina

Margaret said...

Thank you. I try to use up every square inch of linen as it is so expensive.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are lovely, I hope the recipients appreciate them! I am the same with scraps of linen too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Counting down for Christmas is an excellent idea! You can never start early enough. Lovely gift tags too, I think I like them a little better without the fringed edges.