Sunday, 5 April 2009

A surprise from the mailman and another piece framed


The mailman kindly brought me this amazing Easter postcard from Finland. Taija whom I met through the Crazy Exchange sent it to me. Isn't it great!!! I just love the colours and the rosy cheeks of the ladies - and their mittens. It must be still cold at Easter time in Finland - we are having warm and golden Autumn days here :-)
Also the second piece I had framed "Quaker Faith Hope and Love". This was a really relaxing piece to stitch and I am so delighted with the framing. Can you see in the closeup shot how the framer covered the spacer with the same fabric. She pays such attention to detail and I am always more than satisfied with the results. This piece hangs in the hallway of my apartment - I hope to add to the sampler wall and to enjoy them always instead of having them languish in the drawer!

5 comments:

  1. The framer did a great job. This piece looks so great, very elegant with the Quaker motifs in three calm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece looks beautiful and you certainly have an excellent framer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful piece of work.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete