Tuesday 31 March 2020

Strange Day

My doctor phoned me for an entirely unnecessary consultation and ordered a repeat prescription for me (albeit I had ordered one by internet 10 days ago)- faxed directly to the pharmacy which is located in the local supermarket and therefore costing an extra $5!   So with a homemade mask and gloves from my first aid kit I took my new car out in the rain and collected the medicine.   How obedient am I?!   I discovered that most NZ'ers don't seem able to gauge a 2 metre separation distance, that baking goods have been panic bought and shelves are empty, that supermarket staff are angelically patient and careful and that I need to get used to a reversing guide on the screen and not twist my neck when backing out of a car park! 

Then it was home to ignore the DBEM's "are you going to dry off your car?" (no, it can dry itself off naturally!!); complete the sewing for Great Niece E's little dress; finish off the matching rag doll; discover that one of the eBooks from my library was due to expire so hurriedly finish that; eat unnecessary chocolate; discover that six of my carrot seeds have sprouted -  all in all a less than productive day.   It's the rain that did it - on a fine day I get out for a walk and feel better for it:)


Anyway Great Niece E at 10 days old is doing better and she has a summer dress to look forward to when they eventually return to NZ.   And a matching dolly.   However at this stage these are virtual gifts sent by photo only.   Dratted virus has curtailed even the minimal services that NZ Post was offering pre-Covid 19!

And with that March 2020 comes to a close.   Until next...  Keep safe, keep well.

9 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Hopefully you won't have to go out too often Margaret. The dress and rag doll for great-niece are beautiful. Do you have a suggestion on where I would be able to find a pattern like yours for the rag doll? I've googled it but there are so many variations and I haven't spotted one like yours.

Frugally challenged said...

That rag doll is adorable as is the matching dress.
I have to disagree on one thing - chocolate can never be described as unnecessary.

At Home In New Zealand said...

That was a rather strange day to end March with. Hopefully April will be a better month for all of us. Mxx

Denise said...

Understand completely what you are going through.
It's the same here in USA - lots of empty shelves, people hoarding food, etc. We are staying in (not that I want to!). Getting some
cross stitch done and a little house work!
Take care & many blessings to you & your Mom.

Anita said...

Gorgeous Aunty Margaret!! Miss E is going to look adorable in it :) we are excited for them to be home too (proud Aunty of the wee niece here!!)

Anita said...

And proud niece of my amazing Aunty too!!

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the matching doll and dress! So sweet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The dress is lovely and the matching doll is wonderful. My Mum always made a matching dress for my favourite doll too.
Supermarkets here seem to have sorted themselves out and you can buy most things now. Prices have risen though.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think you day sounds very productive! And the ragdoll and dress are so pretty.