Sunday 5 April 2020

Progress of sorts

I have made a determined effort but am still not quite a quarter of the way through this piece of cross stitch.  And, yes you guessed it....I am sick and tired of the little crosses. 
But so far it looks good although I am unconvinced about the necessity for quite so much delicate shading.   Perhaps the finished piece will prove me wrong and the designer right!
Anyway, I needed a break so began another floral alphabet piece.   A friend will celebrate her 50th birthday later this year and I plan on making this the cover of a notebook for her.   Pinterest is a wonderful thing and a trawl through there gave me ideas for a variation on my usual theme.   I must say I found the curlicues of stem stitch quite therapeutic.
This past week I have made another small dress from a piece of white broderie anglaise in my stash basket.   It turned out well and is now in the Hospice Shop box to be added to the DBEM's knitteds and donated when this Covid-19 saga is over. 
Also a new winter top for the DBEM - she has approved the colour, fabric and fit and then told me she will put it away to use when one of her current ones wears out! 
Now I have half sewn a summer blouse for me -  a trial for a new pattern and made with a piece of cotton lawn from deep stash.  I am unconvinced about this pattern so although I will complete this current trial blouse but I will trial another pattern before cutting into my special fabric. 
And so another week begins.... Keep Safe, Keep Well

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Your industry is amazing! I just keep plodding on.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Am grateful we have our projects to keep our hands and minds occupied during this time

At Home In New Zealand said...

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you occupied :) Enjoy this coming week, especially as it looks like we are headed for a storm over Easter. Mxx

Sandy said...

Whew...you've got lots of projects going. It's good to take breaks from long term projects. Sometimes if we plod on we just don't enjoy the piece/item. Love the flowers, very pretty and graceful looking.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The birds do look great but there are a lot of colours there! Trust the designer.
I love your Mum's faith that she is still wearing her clothes out, even though you are in "lock-down" mode.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching! I love these flower initials you make.
Tell your mum that clothes are meant to be worn, especially ones your daughter has sewn for you with love!