Wednesday 29 April 2020

Progress and a new start

33 days in Alert Level 4 lockdown proved too much and I fell down the rabbit hole of internet surfing and stumbled on Tempting Tangles Designs website.   Their Quakers in Japan SAL was too tempting to resist and so I have made a start on a new project.
When I first joined the Auckland Embroiderers Guild many many years ago I promised myself I would not have any unfinished objects and now.....I have two that are languishing in the cupboard. Surely I will find time to complete everything now I am retired??
Anyway, the first two motifs of Part 1 have been stitched and I am thoroughly enjoying this:)

Some work has also been done on The Birds and the flowerpot has been completed along with the tiny bird on top.  Only three more birds and more of that boring teal green feeder trough and the left half will be complete :)
Besides that I have been out in the garden chopping away unwanted bushes and branches and enjoying the golden Autumn sunshine.  Today the DBEM came out and sat on her walker to keep me company.

New Zealand has moved into Alert Level 3 but it makes no difference to what our household can and cannot do.  We live in anticipation of reaching the promised "new normal"

6 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Like you I also increased my internet searching and now I'll need to check out Tempting Tangles. The birds project is coming along nicely. I hope the weather continues to be good so that you and your mother can enjoy time in the garden.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do like the colours in your new design choice. I heard your news on television about lifting the lockdown to the level up from where you were.

Sandy said...

Making headway on your levels and your stitching. I know what you mean about it not changing what your're doing. Hubby and I are staying put, even as our state begins to loosen some restrictions. At our age, it will be awhile before reduction of restrictions hit's our group. Hang in there. I won't tell you how many unfinished projects I have...partially cause I don't know how many, lol. Some are so well tucked away, I'm not even sure where they are.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice new start, the colours are lovely.
The birds are growing nicely too. I find it encouraging to have a variety of designs in my rotation!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Glad you are finding plenty to keep busy with. Level 3 hasn't made any difference here either - especially as we don't eat takeaways! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

I think we are all curious when that 'new normal' will be here, and what it will be like!
Love your new start, Tempting Tangles does some awesome patterns.