Tuesday 5 May 2020

It seems I can't count

Even a simple motif like these irises had me flummoxed and I unpicked and repeated twice!   Not having DMC156 has been a pain too as I needed to leave gaps.   The irises and the dragon and now the pink flower in the bottom right all need that elusive DMC.  Still I am making progress.
The Birds population is growing also.  Not much to say about this one except that it isn't my favourite piece of work:)

Today I ventured out to the supermarket again, list in hand, and after that stock-up will not need to go again for a month.   Hopefully by that time our Prime Minister will have decided what to do about opening up a) hairdressers, b) needlework shops, c) libraries and, d) churches.
Meanwhile Keep Safe, Keep Well

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Both projects are lovely Margaret. I couldn't last a month between shops - I go twice a week and that's testing me as I usually go three times. I try to go when I finish work at one so that I'm not heading back out for another journey.

Joan said...

It looks beautiful. Honestly, I think every person who ever stitched counted thread at one time or another has declared they can't count. I do it often. Sigh.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The irises are very pretty. I think being unsymmetrical makes it harder to count.
The birds do look lovely, even if they are not your favourite project to stitch.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's so frustrating when you have to unpick work. I usually find that it happens to me more when the design is relatively straightforward.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the quaker and birds! Hope you'll be spared any further frog-attacks, though.