Friday 8 May 2020

Birds - half done

My lockdown project is half done.   Had I spent all my time on this I may have completed it but other projects teased and tempted.
However I am happy to have this much done and feel as if I will be able to complete it now - at one point I was prepared to toss the whole kit into the rubbish as I hated it so much. 
Today was Gardening Day and I weeded the whole garden and mowed the lawn but ran out of energy at that point so will have to do the lawn edges tomorrow.   Mowing even my small pocket handkerchief lawn is 4000 steps on my Fitbit!   Late this afternoon when the sun had all but disappeared I summonsed enough energy to go for a walk around the big block thereby reaching today's  step target.   

The DBEM has been busy knitting during lockdown so we needed to order some more yarn on-line.   Can you believe it?   The retailer emailed me to ask if I wanted to collect it at the store?!   What don't they understand about delivery service?   Anyway I go for a walk so yesterday wandered up to their store and in a contactless Click and Collect brought home more yarn for her to knit up.

We are both well

6 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching Margaret.. Sounds as though you're well settled into your new home with all that gardening.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on reaching half way!
4000 steps is quite a lot just for mowing the lawn.
Maybe there are postal delays so people are preferring to collect in person if they live close enough? I guess it save the owner time queuing at the Post Office too!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy during lockdown Margaret, and your mum too of course:-)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's both to read that you are both well and that your mother is also able to keep herself occupied.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! I'm glad you persist with stitching these birds as they are so pretty.
I think it's good if store owners give you the choice, as long as they don't insist you pick it up. Sometimes, if you need that yarn *right* now, waiting on delivery won't do (an some people might want to safe some money on delivery charges, as well).

Margaret said...

Thanks Leonora. I admit to disliking the delivery charges so will do without until free delivery is offered!