Friday 15 May 2020

Possi-bull

Today the DBEM and I went out for a picnic lunch in the small town of Marton close to where we live.   It was a fine golden Autumn day and my new car performed well.......probably would have been better if it wasn't so long since my tutorial!   The iStop function had me flummoxed at one point and several times I found myself reaching for the key to turn the vehicle on and off.  New car = No key!  It's a push button.  All the increased technology is only to be expected as my previous car was 16 years old.
Anyway we stopped for lunch outside this cute little house which has been preserved as a museum but unfortunately wasn't open today.
On the return journey we drove through the village of Bulls where the townspeople take delight in puns - they laughingly have their welcome sign saying Bulls a Town like No Udder.   The rubbish bins are Respons-a-bull; the Police Station is Const-a-bull;  the medical centre is Cure-a-bull; the church is Forgiv-a-bull; and McDonalds is Drive-Thru-A-Bull!  There are also many statues of said animal around the village and today they were wearing masks in a nod to Covid  alerts.

And now I'm back to stitching on my Japan SAL which I am really enjoying.   Currently in the hoop is a flowering cherry tree.   Possi-bull photos tomorrow!

5 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

My car has one of those funny keys that just need to be in the car and then I can turn on the ignition. Took me ages to get used to it.
Love all the Bull words :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's good that you can now get out to explore a little - so many new places to see Margaret, it's exciting.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Hopefully it was the first of many picnic lunches for you both.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay for the outside world again! I have only been in a car twice since this started. And once was to the end of the estate so we could walk home with the wind behind us and not blowing straight into our faces! Hubby dropped me and the small boy off so we could still get our daily walk despite the strong winds.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you had a nice day out!
I feel with the people of bull - I, too, enjoy a good pun.