Monday 23 March 2020

Preparing for Lockdown

From tomorrow New Zealand goes into lockdown to prevent community spread of Covid-19.  Already confined to quarters as being in the "at risk" age group, the DBEM has been busy with her knitting and then tells me she has no stock pile of yarn. What??!!   In this situation we need yarn....
A quick trip today to the yarn store and we are prepared - I hope.  Anyway the DBEM is happy.
My preparations are already in place gardening, sewing, stitching, knitting and reading.   Photo evidence to follow as the dreary days of lockdown progress.

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

We're not on lockdown here yet but I'm self isolating and I'm quite enjoying it. I can so what I like, make as much mess as I like and NO_ONE will see it. This time is for getting quite a few things done. I'm regarding it as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

But yes, supplies re definitely needed.

Maggie said...

The most important stock pile :-)
Stay safe

Heritage Hall said...

DBEM is so fortunate to have you, adding meaningfulness to her life. Your preparations for this hiatus should hold you in good stead while busy. Cherish this
time together.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The most important supplies Margaret.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, locked down with no yarn, doesn't bear thinking about!

Leonore Winterer said...

That amount of yarn should keep her happy for a week or two! Hope you're both safe and not going stir crazy yet.