Saturday 14 March 2020

Life is full

Life is full and I don't know how I ever found time to work!   I find I am having to be very disciplined and timetable my days in order to get through all the home jobs as well as my new found activities.   But a full life is a good one :-)
This week I have helped the DBEM a lot with her knitting -  we have reversed out of problems; I have knitted up yarn that is too dark for her to see the stitches clearly; between us we have finished two garments (and bought yarn for another) and tonight we decided that having "donated" so much time to her knitting, this coming week I can stitch.   However, this coming week is full to the brim with planned activities so there may not be a lot of stitching either.
Still, I have made a biscornu pincushion to sit by my sewing machine
Also a small lavender bag to place among my blankets to discourage any bugs.  (Photos of these next post)
A teeny tiny gift which was quite a struggle as my fingertips are sore from pricks by rose thorns (no photo of that as it is a gift)
And I finally found a cheap frame for my blue Sajou M and it has found a home on my wall (bottom left).

My raised bed vege garden is to be built this coming week and as I didn't want to be embarrassed in front of the landscaper I have been outdoors a lot these past few days.   Most of the garden is very tidy now, the lawns are mowed and the one aphid laden rose bush has been dowsed in buckets of soapy water.   I am tempted to get rid of that rose bush -  the vicious thorns bite me badly and I am punctured all over yet still the aphids cling on.   Far away from the aphids, the silver beet I planted is growing well and seems to like its position between the red rose and the purple lavender.  The DBEM loves silver beet and each day on her return from her walk checks the growth on these plants.  But there's still some days/weeks to go before she will be eating home grown.
Hopefully next post I will have more stitching news...

4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Your "retirement" sounds full and wonderful. I love you "M" wall. What a lovely idea!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm glad your life is full since retiring Margaret, you sound happy:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So many people say that they are busier than when they worked!
I love your M wall, such a nice idea.
I would definitely try get a less dangerous rose bush too, you must protect your stitching hands.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's great that you are keeping busy with so many wonderful things :)