Sunday 29 March 2020

Plodding on

Today the rain held off and I was able to get out for two walks and enjoy the fresh air.
It is strange how this lockdown is affecting us all and we have had phone calls and txt messages from several folk who are normally in the "Christmas Card Only" file.   To be fair, the DBEM had me busy on the email too keeping in touch with her cousins -  I have a new career as an amanuensis:-)
The Christmas Ornament plans changed - I fell out of love with the linen I had chosen and opted for a 36 count and decided to stitch over two fabric threads,   Then I realised it would turn out far larger than I was happy with so chose to stitch only the centre O and today I finish-finished it off as an ornament for my tree.   The chart was difficult to read due to the colour/symbol coding but is available here if you want to stitch this yourself.
Lovely to feel so organised....but tomorrow I must get back to The Birds.
Do you remember me saying that Rag Doll Ruby was predestined to be an only child?   Well, the birth of Great Niece E has made me reconsider and I have started on Ruby's sibling as a gift for the new baby.  So far two legs and one arm only so no photo at this point.   Tomorrow may see the other arm and the body.   I have cut out the fabric for a summer dress for Great Niece E for next NZ summer and will make a start on sewing that tomorrow since the weather forecast is for more rain which means no gardening.   The weeds will wait another day:-)
Until next...Keep Safe, Keep Well

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think a lot of people have realised that it is important to reach out and contact people. I am certainly spending more time on emails and messages than usual.
Love the little bird Ornament, it looks fine without the letters too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The bird ornament in the letter 'O' is perfect on its own.

Leonore Winterer said...

Same - I feel like I'm emailing and messaging a lot more (I'm also on the phone with grandma at least three times a day - she gets lonely!). Glad to see you still find some time for stitching!