Friday 27 March 2020

Day Two

Day Two of lockdown passed much the same as Day One except for the fact that for most of the day it rained!   Still I managed a 30 minute walk when the skies brightened late afternoon and certainly felt better for it.
The DBEM was feeling cold so I used the oven as a heater again and baked a banana and walnut cake.   We will both grow fat under this virus control regime.
The Birds are coming along.   I forced myself to sit at it today and bird number two is all but complete.   He/she is a little more colourful than that first wing so it was easier to progress.
This morning I sewed my skirt and am letting it hang tonight before putting up the hem tomorrow.
And.... I found some ingredients to make another rag doll as a gift for new Great Niece Baby E.  Tomorrow I intend to cut out the body and make a start on that.   Hopefully there is enough stuffing left in the bag to complete this. I won't be able to go out and get any more!   She may have to remain bald until I can get to the yarn store for some wool for her hair - or perhaps the DBEM will help me out :-)
Until next...

5 comments:

Denise said...

You are not the only one using this time to bake!
I plan to make a banana cake and I'm afraid the
pounds will be coming along with it! I am enjoying some stitching, also and watching some
old movies. Take care....

Sandy said...

Your stitching is coming along nicely. Sounds like you're keeping busy during lock down. We're about 2 wks in at this point and hubby's set up his office in the basement. Says he likes the short commute, lol. Stay well
Sandy's Space

Heritage Hall said...

You have been so productive, kudos to you,
Margaret...The cake looks delicious, I can
catch the aroma from here...Stay well and
take care of one another....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cake looks lovely. My son is helping me by eating everything nice for me LOL. Also walking 2.5 miles every day.

Leonore Winterer said...

That cake looks delicious! I think I'm actually eating better now than pre-lockdown as I get to cook almost every day (instead of just eating in the cafeteria at work). Great stitching and sewing!