Saturday 12 October 2013

A visit to The Ribbon Rose

Today I took myself off to my LNS to spend my voucher.  
Look at what I got....
Oops sorry.   Those are my new funky gym shoes but not from the LNS;-)   No Shoe Science down the road took measurements, filmed me walking, analysed my gait, relieved me of money and these are so light and colourful they sure cheer me up.
The Ribbon Rose is full full full of stock.   Luscious threads, heaps of fabric, patchwork supplies, knitting wool, beads by the tonne, ribbons by the kilometre and even an area with comfortable chairs and supplies to have a cup of tea.   So what did I buy?
These...A knitting pattern for the HD3QBEM, a Glory Bee Stitchers Rule chart for me and some Silken Threads floss.
And I finished the small ornament
The Suffolk Puff Christmas Tree needs some handsewing tonight and it too is complete.  
But before that I am busily completing the Jewellery Box which will not be a box.   Back in August I promised to show you what I was going to do with the two stitched pieces and today I finally took action.   Hopefully tonight, while watching an ancient James Bond movie I will finally finish this.  
Can you tell?   I am determined to get my WIPs all finished by the end of this year - and not to start anything more until I go on holiday on 26 December.   Well, a girl can dream can't she.

5 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stash and the Christmas tree is looking so sweet.
Hugs x

Karen said...

Oh those sneakers are bright lol. I love them! They'd definitely put a smile on my face every time I put them on. :)

The little stocking is adorable and the tree is really coming along. As for your challenge....you must have a great deal of will-power and self control to go more than three full months without a new start. Wish you luck with this challenge! :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Love the trainers Margaret, the colours themselves make you want to get up and do something. By the way, I can't send emails for some reason (I'm trying to find out how to fix it) so I can't send you a message about the envelope which arrived. I'll send one as soon as my emails are up and running again.

Pamela said...

The stocking and tree make me realize Christmas is not far off. I need to get to work on finishing some things! You were so quick with that cute little stocking!

Queeniepatch said...

That's really a pretty Christmas tree.