Sunday 3 May 2009

The next three projects

Wallet and I went to the LNS yesterday and the threads are all sorted now for the next three projects - fabric and charts came from my stash.

Don't they look colourful? I made a start on the first pear - although its called Whitework it is actually done in a beautiful pale gold DMC 676 and is on a cream Edinburgh linen so I am very pleased with how this is turning out. The other pair of the pears is in the multicolours shown in the photo and once again is a sampler.

Then I plan on doing these two biscornu and even have the spot on top of my CD rack where they will live once finished - the chart calls for Clay Belfast linen but I have substituted Pewter as that is what I had in my stash and part of the object of this exercise is stash reduction!
Finally the fabric and threads for a basket band which will be a birthday gift for someone later on this year. I really love the colours in this and can't wait to get started. Can you tell I have completely lost my determination to only have one project on the go at any one time!!

Hope you have all had a good weekend. Yesterday was cold and wet but in the afternoon I went for a massage using a voucher given to me by an ex colleague. An hour in the calm dimly lit surroundings of the Spa at the Hyatt and the hard work by the masseuse was sure relaxing! I felt as if I had visited a foreign country - unused as I am to such luxury. But my muscles certainly benefited from the kneading and pounding.

In the evening i finished off the second of my exchanges which will go out later this month and this afternoon I took some photos for the record. You can look forward to those later on!

Happy stitching everyone.

1 comment:

Lula said...

Oo those projects look good. My fingers are twitching with envy. Cant wait to see how those pears turn out