Monday, 4 May 2009

A Golden Pear

Here's a shot of the golden pear. Its a chart from the Historic Needlework Guild which I have had in my stash since 1999 - a Tricia Wilson Nguyen design. Although described as whitework it is actually a beautiful pale gold and is done on creamy (almost pale gold) 36 count linen. As you can see its well on the way to finished - except for the third row which is of Queen Stitches - they will wait until last as they are certainly not my favourite stitch! I still have some more four sided stitch and bullions at the bottom before I need to go back to the dreaded Queen Stitches. Meanwhile I am deciding what alphabet I will use for the 'M' I intend to put on the other side.
I'm off to stitch now so have a good night everyone.

6 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous Margaret, I saw the chart yesterday on your weblog and was intrigued by the whitework part of it. And here you have it already finished. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of stitching is such a short time. It looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Cant wait to see it done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pear is looking great! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in COMPLETE agreement over queen stitch!

    ReplyDelete