Friday 7 January 2022

Getting ready for next Christmas.

 Happy New Year.

While I still have Christmas joy in my mind and heart I made a start on this year's ornaments for the nieces and nephew. 

Last year's Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament issue provided plenty of inspiration this time and I may even stitch an extra one for my tree which is, I confess, already overloaded.

As these ornaments have to be mailed to their recipients I try to keep them as flat as possible.   And because I stitched this over one thread of fabric it came out quite small so the frame style finish made it a better size.   I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

And I have started ornament number two -  a lovely Robin Redbreast.

But today was spent out in the garden as we had a southerly wind which cooled the temperature to a respectable 26 degrees which made it possible to mow the lawn and weed the whole estate.   Oh I am sore tonight!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Very nice. I like it on the door. Think it would make a nice decoration hanging from a curtain rod as well in a window.
Sandy's Space

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful ornament, love the beads added. Looking forward to see your next ornament.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your first ornament of the year. That one is one of our choices in the FB group I run.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's never too early to get started on next Christmas! Great little finish.