Wednesday 29 December 2021

End of Year Shock

 An email arrived from the library saying that two books I had put on request were now available so after this year's last visit to the supermarket I braved a visit to the library.    Besides the two requests I found another three and confidently logged in to the self serve issue machine.   

Well, what a shock.   A bright red message telling me that these books could not be issued as my library card was about to expire.  What????   How could this be possible?   I could feel tears welling up and crept up to the counter.   The lovely lady tells me this happens once every two years to make patrons come to the counter where their contact details can be re-confirmed.   Ah, the relief!

Today the DBEM has been unwell and spent the morning in bed so I made a start on re-upholstering the third dining chair.   It's not finished but good progress.

Also good progress on the new piece of hardanger -  a traycloth on 27 count "tea" coloured linen sent me as a gift more years ago than I care to remember.   I've done one round of kloster blocks and know that everything matches up and am now almost completed the outer round of buttonhole stitch.   There is no hurry for this and I am enjoying going at a slowish pace.

4 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hope your mother feels better soon. Your hardanger traycloth looks interesting.

Heritage Hall said...

Wishing the beloved DBEM a speedy return to
being up and about. I so enjoy your expert
hardanger completions and am tempted to do an Angel next year. A sigh of relief that you have retained library privileges, so much a part of your interests. Wishing you
and the great lady a New Year filled with
good health and realized promise.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope Mum is up and about soon, you need her support to cope with the Library shock!
Lovely to see some hardanger coming from your needles again.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a shock, to think you've been excluded from your beloved library! I'm glad everything turned out okay.