Saturday 8 August 2020

Progress report on Shepherds Bush and Christmas 2020 (Ornament production)

The dreadful vine section has been completed and I'm now back into the more comfortable groove of specialty stitches and words. Much more enjoyable and relaxing. Here's a picture for proof :-) 
The 2020 quota of Christmas ornaments are underway too and I hope to complete the pinecones (in the middle of this photo) in the coming week. I need five for my family commitments and also would like one for my own tree. 
After several years when I didn't bother to get my tree out and hang all the ornaments I am determined to do so this year. My new house has a great bay window in the front which will be just the spot for the tree and I will even buy a new set of lights to provide the necessary twinkle. Today I found a shop - The Christmas Heirloom Shop - so that was fortuitous. Surely they will have the necessary lights?

The DBEM turns 90 at the beginning of next month and we are having a family party a few days beforehand.   She is getting quite excited and preparations are well underway.   In the coming week we have a visit to the hairdresser because as she put it "I look like my own grandmother" and by her tone of voice I don't think she was too happy about that!   Perhaps a haircut and some new clothes will change her image?   

4 comments:

dq said...

Happy birthday to your HDBEM!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your Shepherd's Bush project is lovely. Thinking of photos you've had on your blog, your mother looks good but a new haircut could be a nice 'pick-me-up'.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the sampler. I am stitching a Just Nan which has some great speciality stitches, some are new to me and look lovely.
Nice work on the ornaments. We always have a nice big tree at this house and I have started adding a "stitched section" to it!
Hope the DBEM enjoys her makeover.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your stitching! Maybe I should try to get a couple ornaments stitched up for my family as well. I certainly have a lot of patterns saved up.
I'm so happy you get to properly celebrate your mum's big birthday! There's still no realy thinking of family cemebrations around here.