Friday 28 August 2020

Angels Song

I have been conscientiously working away on this but my, oh my, the little houses (castles?) took ages to stitch.   They are most satisfying though I am looking forward to moving on to more specialty stitch bands.   The next row is Step 22 and there are only 33 in the whole project so the end is in sight.
This week I have been busy making masks for the DBEM and myself so we are now prepared.   Currently use of masks is only mandated for public transport which we don't use but I can see that this edict will eventually change and the use become more widespread.   So I am now ready for whatever the Director General for Public Health throws my way.
Tomorrow is the DBEM's birthday party.   I think I am all prepared -  just need to get up earlier tomorrow to make smoked salmon sandwiches.   The DBEM needs to have her hair washed and blow dried too so it will be a busy morning :-)   This afternoon I collected the cake and the Birthday Girl is thrilled with it - so much so that she gave me a big hug!   I am pleased too - it is exactly as the cake shop lady described it.  She has done a great job.   

Anyway I've crossed the last item off today's list so am off to read some more of my book and then to bed.

11 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Ooh, lovely cake! Please wish your DBEM happy birthday from me.

Your stitchery is, as always, wonderful. It's just that the birthday girl is (today) even more wonderful!

Maggie said...

Happy birthday to your mum for tomorrow, the cake is amazing. It's my mums birthday today, she's 92, unfortunately she is not so gracious at receiving cake or flowers 🤣🤣🤣

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Pleased wish your mother a Happy Birthday from me. Her cake is beautiful looking. I hope she had a wonderful day.
Angel's Song is lovely.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday to the DBEM!

Bonnie said...

Happy 90th birthday to your mom. The cake is beautiful. Wishing you both a fabulous celebration.

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday to your mom. The cake is beautiful. Wishing you both a fabulous celebration.

Heritage Hall said...

A most blessed Birthday to your Mom. That
cake is superb and a work of art.. almost criminal to cut into it. Have a wonderful day filled with love and beautiful memories.

Wanda McColl said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!! Her cake looks amazing! Have a wonderful birthday party (and your stitching is gorgeous too)!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That cake looks scrumptious! I hope it tastes as good as it looks. Have a wonderful party.
I think the buildings are Middle-Eastern houses.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those little houses are very cute! Great progress.
And that cake...I can see why your mum is happy, it looks sooo good!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, that's an amazing cake - enjoy the party and best wishes to the birthday girl 🎂