Sunday 2 August 2020

Shepherds Bush progress

I am plodding along with the Shepherd's Bush Angels Song.   All was going well and enjoyment levels were high until the current band -  somehow the counting involved in getting all these leaves and vines correct is too much for my brain.   There has been some reverse stitching and some diversions into other pastimes.
Anyway, a progress shot - I have decided to leave all the beads until the very end so this is very much unadorned.
On Friday the DBEM and I went down to Foxton -  a small village about half an hours drive south west from here.   They have a splendid new library/community centre in which there is a marvellous display about the Dutch migrants to New Zealand.   The DBEM took her magnifier and we pored over all the items there were to see.   One huge carved sideboard had drawers that could be opened and the smell of the spices used in creating the wonderful Dutch Speculaas biscuits was amazing.   We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and as the cafe was closed early that day we came home for a slightly overdue afternoon tea.   The DBEM was so tired she promptly fell asleep and nodded off for most of the next day too:-)

4 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots of progress on your Shepherd's Bush project. The display about Dutch migrants is just the kind of exhibition I would like.

jp said...

I do love your 'Angels Song'. I find that there is something exceedingly enjoyable about small sections of varying styles, to say nothing of the fun of counted work where something beautiful appears out of nothing. This is lovely now but will be beautiful when finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sampler looks lovely. I have a band Sampler on the go this Summer and I'm really enjoying each band of speciality stitches.
Glad that you had a nice day out too. They have been rather limited this year!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your sampler! I'm sure you'll get back to the vines and leaves once you're ready. I'm happy to hear you and your mum had a great outing as well!