Saturday 8 August 2020

Blog Hop

The lovely Jo in the Far East of England has once again organised a blog hop.   So let me introduce to you my "mystery" blogger

This lady is almost my next door neighbour down here in The Antipodes - she lives in the beautiful Hunter Valley of Australia .   She loves stitching - she churns them out as we say here in New Zealand.   The list on her sidebar of completed pieces would, in my mind, make her eligible for a Gold Medal at the Stitching Olympics.  And what's more she keeps to a theme.  I'll give you a hint as to what that is  
Ho ho ho; Angels; trees; stockings....  
Can you guess?

Yes, this lady stitches Christmas pieces (mainly) Those she keeps for herself are sometimes massive masterpieces.   Currently the huge piece she is working on has to be sideways in her frame!   But she also stitches for family and friends.  I really admire her use of beads in finishing some of her smaller items.    

I particularly liked the Australian Alphabet names she has stitched for her nieces children and wonder whether a similar pattern exists in my country.

I searched through my stitching for something she might like and came up with this.

If you can't guess from all I've written then try this link and go visit Elfie   You too will be inspired.

10 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Thank you for the introduction and that looks like a fun stitch to do.

RONI said...

I've not done many Xmas stitches, so I'm getting lots of inspiration today. Thank you from Lifeoutsidethewashingbasket

jocondine said...

I do love to read Elfie's posts, always lovely ideas for Christmas ornaments, so many gifts to her family kids, her blog is the perfect place to visit to get Xmas spirit. Amitiés. xxx

Christine said...

Great introduction. This is fun!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I knew who you were writing about which is a pleasant change on this blog hop. Your chosen design is ideal.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a great design for Elfie, she does love Christmas

Tiffstitch said...

Such a great chart for her, lovely write up too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop. It was nice to have two of you from "Down Under" taking part.
Elfie's little beaded trees are some of my favourite ornaments although I have yet to tackle one myself! I like your little elf with the bell. An elf for Elfie! I just got the pun.

Astrids dragon said...

Got it! Oh yes, Elfie makes beautiful Christmas pieces and you've chosen an adorable one for her.

Leonore Winterer said...

I didn't know Elfie's blog before, but that's a great collection of Christmas stitching! Thanks for the introduction.