Thursday 20 August 2020

Christmas Ornaments

With inclement weather the last few days I made myself a To Do List and have been completing some inside jobs. First up was the family 2020 Christmas Ornaments.   All have edgings now but no backs while I decide what to do about decorations and hangers.   I don't want these hanging around in a half completed state so will make a valiant effort tomorrow to fully finish them
But so far so good.
The Silent Night one which was stitched first, I have decided to keep for my tree and to put ruched ribbon around the edge so that is not in a state to be photographed quite yet.   More to come on that one.

But I also did a complete stocktake of my stash cupboard and sorted out the next project - once I have the Shepherd's Bush Angels Song completed.   My WIP basket was getting seriously overloaded but now only has three items : - the ongoing Temperature Chart, the Shepherd's Bush project and a piece of hardanger which has a "must be completed" date of February 2021

Next on my list is some sewing - I want a new hooded jacket and also a long sleeved button through blouse so will get the fabric for those cut out tomorrow.   I find once the fabric is cut the whole project seems less daunting and I find time to get the sewing done.  

I doubt there will be much time for stitching next week as I make final preparations for my share of the DBEM's 90th Birthday Party.   She is getting quite excited and has already received several cards and gifts.   I promised her that tomorrow we would put up a string so she can hang her cards and enjoy looking at them.  

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The ornaments are looking great. Nice to be prepared in advance.
Glad the cards are arriving already, when is the Big Day?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are lovely Margaret. Who is the designer of the top-right, a log cabin ornament?
No wonder your mother is getting excited about her forthcoming birthday, 90 years old is quite a milestone.

Naomi Old said...

Your Christmas ornaments are lovely. intrigued by ruched ribbon around the edge of one. A technique I must try.

Astrids dragon said...

They all look great, no matter how you finish the back!
I hope your Mom has a wonderful birthday, that is definitely something to celebrate.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, great work on these ornaments! Sounds like you are very much on top of your crafting deadlines.