Saturday 29 April 2017

Difficult to satisfy?

When I sew I think of all the projects I want to embroider.  When I embroider I think of all the items on my knitting list. And when I knit I think of all I need to sew.   Currently I am in stage three of my cycle:-)
Knitting is going well and ball of yarn number one is almost finished. A progress shot.
My doctor sent me a letter.  Well it was actually a paper to take to the blood test nurse.  So this morning off I went at 8am just as it opened.  Convinced I would be first, I was shocked to see a queue stretching out the door and up the street.  Just when I don't really have time to fit everything in today.
But I am not totally dissatisfied.   I left work early Thursday to visit my old boss who is recovering from major surgery and so I missed our "site meeting" at work.   To be honest I completely forgot about it.   So it was a surprise to arrive at work Friday and find this in my desk!   Although I feel a fraud being rewarded for doing what is my job it sure is nice to be appreciated:-)

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Congratulations Margaret, well deserved, I'm sure.
The cardigan looks great and I like the colour you've chosen. I can't believe you have to queue to have bloods taken, that is so different from our system - I'd love to know how that works.

Pamela said...

So many projects and so little time! Congratulations on the award.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There's always a queue early in the morning here, all the people who have to have bloods done on an empty stomach get there really early. When I was pregnant I always went after lunch when it was quiet.
Nice to get a certificate, you obviously do do more than is expected.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I totally feel like what you describe in the first paragraph.
I can't imagine line cues for blood tests. Kind of crazy. Maybe everyone had the same idea to arrive early...an hour later it might have been clear.
That was a great gesture from your boss; it is wonderful to be noticed and I'm sure you are deserving, Margaret.

Queeniepatch said...

Planning and dreaming are also creative activities, and it is totally OK to think about future embroidery projects when knitting!
Congratulations on your award. Yo DO make a difference to a lot of people, not only at work but to your mother and your blog readers, too.

cucki said...

Congrats on the award
Sending you love and hugs x

Leonore Winterer said...

I know the feeling - so many crafts, and all are competing for my limited free time! Congrats on the award, I'm sure you deserved it :)