Wednesday 7 September 2016

I want, I want...to knit myself one of these.

Today one of my colleagues was wearing this really neat sweater and I fell in love.
I want to knit that I said to myself,  so she obliged with allowing me to take photographs.

I am already thinking of how....to graph it all out

Can it really be all that difficult?

But then again there may already be a knitting pattern out there in the big wide world.   Has anyone seen one?
Jemma said she bought her sweater for $3 at a charity shop here in New Zealand and she had to have it because she's British:-)

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A very neat sweater design. I'm not sure how hard this would be to graph for yourself but I don't think it would be easy Margaret. I think if I was doing it I might only do the front of the sweater as it would be difficult to continue the pattern over seams when hand knitted. Keeping the red sleeve with the white flash would be easy and looks good.

Joan said...

I found a site that has a hand-drawn chart with a version of the Union Jack ... http://sizzlestitch.com/union-jack-knitting-patterns/
Maybe that would help with the charting.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, I found the same page as Joan when I googled it too. They have lots of different Union Flag patterns there.

Heritage Hall said...

$3.????? Find out who manufactured it
and perhaps you can find another original.... Knowing of your ability,
Margaret, and Joan's suggestion, you just might otherwise be able to make this "must have" creation... Good luck.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm impressed that you can graph your own knitting designs.