Monday 21 July 2008

Stitching report

Just so you don't think I was totally lazy over the weekend I will tantalise you with this progress shot of ... well what do you think it is? I can't show you the whole thing nor give too many details as it's to send away. One thing I will say is that on checking the pattern it looks like there are no simple crosses in this at all - somebody has got carried away with speciality stitches.
Have also made some progress on my Quaker needlebook - and this now only requires the final stitching for construction. Unfortunately a few committee meetings and nights out this week might mean the happy dance of completion is delayed but I do promise a photo on that great day yet to come.
Made a start on the Quaker sampler too and so far have A, B and P done. Weird order in which to stitch the alphabet eh? Also I decided not to do over one thread - I need to conserve my eyesight for all that spare time when I retire! So it is in two threads over two threads but I am very pleased with the combination of confederate grey cashel linen and Deep Sea Weeks Dye Works thread. As I stitch I can see it framed and hanging on the wall of my bedroom already :-)

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Whatever you're working on looks good! Lots of drawn thread I bet!

Anonymous said...

hiya margret lovley stitching and i have nominated you for the Kreativ blog award.. lol

Carol R said...

Such a tiny piece revealed in the photo but it looks a great start!