Sunday 3 September 2023

Inspired by The Sampler Gathering

 When I went to the TSG at Lake Taupo I took a one day class with Kerry Seeley to make a Ukrainian Whitework Scrap Bag.   The first stitched piece ended up in the rubbish bin but I started another and am well pleased with the result.   Yesterday I went to get some cotton fabric to make the bag and so hopefully tomorrow these “ingredients” will turn into a small bag.

And I purchased this chart from another tutor at the TSG and am making great progress on this.   The designer sent me an email explaining how she had been inspired by tiles she had seen on a trip to Portugal.   I am loving this as it’s my favourite blue and so rhythmical to stitch.

While stitching I am dreaming of my next project which will be to use up the jewel coloured thrums my weaver friend Claire gave me.   For that I’m thinking a small canvas work zipper purse.

Spring has sprung her in New Zealand and I am enjoying sitting out in my sheltered back yard absorbing lots of Vitamin D but I’m making sure not to get sunburnt😉

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Margaret: They both are beautiful designs, I am looking forward to seeing your bag finished.
Thank-you for sharing with us.

Catherine

Solstitches said...

Beautiful stitching. It’s always sad when any stitching ends up in the bin. Glad it worked out second time around.
Margaret

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that stitching is just gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a very pretty huswif. Glad you have pleasant weather too. Our heatwave has returned!