Wednesday 27 September 2023

Cabinet of Wonders

 Tomorrow Niece #2 and her three little girls are coming to visit.   It is school holidays and this is part of their routine.   I try to create memories for them and this time they are to be allowed to handle the contents of the Cabinet of Wonders (so named by Little Sister).   Today I emptied it out into two laundry baskets - removing the few vases to a safer place.   

Then inside three of the items I hid small named gifts.   It will be fun to see them inspecting, chattering, describing and eventually replacing on the shelves, all these goodies.

After all that expended energy lunch will be hummus, crackers, veggie sticks and fruit.   Yes!  They are a healthy eating family.  But inside these small tin cases are hidden a couple of chocolate surprises.

Oops!  Don’t tell their mother😳

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Margaret: What a sweet thing to hide the chocolates, you are a gem, I hope you have loads of fun when they visit.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I hope you had a great time! I know I would have a blast, exploring all these treasures as a child.