Friday 22 September 2023

Flip side of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

 I’ve been having a run of these days for a week now.   Despite my righteous attempts to improve fitness and maintain strength and balance (oh and lose a little weight) with five times a week gym visits and training under professional supervision, last Wednesday I twisted my knee getting out of the leg press machine (I know!!) and since then have been crippled and in such pain.   Buckets of tears, a doctors visit, physiotherapist visits and a deluge of self pity later, I confess that while I may be almost 69 I feel more like 89!   I grimace at the pain, swallow anti inflammatory and painkiller and do everything so very very slowly.   Praise the Lord for audiobooks and embroidery.

But the flip side - My Blue Hussif is coming along and providing maximum enjoyment.   The outside is almost complete.

Today the post man brought me some linen for my next project so I am well stocked for this rehab period.   Tomorrow or the next day or even Monday I may brave the supermarket, hanging on to a trolley, and stock the pantry and fridge.   Then I will be confident of maintaining a fully supplied season of hermit life😂😳



6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Ooh, that sounds rough! I've started to use a gym myself and I shall consider you to be both An Inspirartion and An Awful Warning!

Chris said...

Oh dear Margaret, what an awful thing to happen. Perhaps the exercising you've decided to do is too much? I was advised daily walking which I struggle with some days, but it is keeping my legs from stiffening up and the fresh air is wonderful. I do follow a food plan to lose weight altho' I've had a hiccup this weekend, but I'll be back on it tomorrow. Take care and rest your ankle.

Solstitches said...

Your blue Huswife is stunning.
I hope that the knee pain has subsided by now and that the healing has begun.
At least you have a good excuse to sit stitching all day.
Margaret

Astrids dragon said...

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, especially since you were trying to get fit.
One day at a time, and at least you can stitch without guilt! Your Blue Hussif looks beautiful so far.

Heritage Hall said...

So sorry about this mishap, Margaret. Don't hesitate to let go of things that can be postponed and allow yourself the time to rest, to heal and to turn to your beautiful stitchery for comfort. Your work is outstanding.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh Margaret, I'm so sorry to sorry about your accident! Hope your knee is recovering nicely and that you are at least enjoying your extra crafting time.