Saturday 19 August 2023

Small Pillow

 My embroidery cupboard already has way too many small pillows but the chart I received at the Sampler Gathering seemed to cry out for this finish.   I’m super pleased, even with the colours, but it will reside in the cupboard to become unviewed and probably unappreciated 😉

If you see the back you’ll understand why I felt compelled to stitch this.   


The linen was originally Permin#32 and was buried in mud for many days following the fierce cyclone in February.   Sherelyn and her friends laundered and relaundered many times to get the linen to this “antique” (let’s be kind, it is stained) finish and renamed it Gabrielle Linen.   

Today I have tacked out the linen to make a start on a new project.   Antique white Belfast linen and DMC 930.  What will this turn into I wonder?

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Margaret: I think this pillow is lovely, the colored threads are amazing.
The finish is beautiful.

Catherine

Diane L said...

amazing work Margaret. i loved the story.

Leonore Winterer said...

That is a very special and one of a kind fabric, I understand why you wanted to use it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, what an interesting back story to the linen! I’m glad that you stitched the explanation on the pillow.
The front design is very lovely too.