Thursday 2 July 2020

The DBEM's knitting

Today was another freezing cold day here and I steam pressed the most recent two knitted garments and delivered the total so far to a local charity shop.   The DBEM has been busy and there were 11 garments to take.  Not a bad total for six months work, especially fighting poor sight and arthritic hands. (I should confess that the guernsey at the top left was completely my work but the DBEM bought the yarn)  Mostly for one and two year old size and all pretty colourful.   But they are warm and that is surely what counts in winter-wear.  The three in the front have random fronts of the small left over scraps and knitted as two rows of each.  My oh my.  I do have many ends to sew in on those cardigans.
I am back onto The Birds and making good progress on the current one.  Hopefully there will be a photo to share tomorrow.
 

4 comments:

Denise said...

Many blessings to you and your mother for all the
wonderful sweaters you make for those who really need them. I can just see those little faces light up when they receive one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful range of colours in those cardigans. She does keep you busy!

Leonore Winterer said...

I LOVE these colourful cardigans! Well done, Margaret and DBEM!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The cardigans look great. It's alot of knitting in six months.