Monday 13 July 2020

More Birds

It is amazing how much an audiobook has helped progress on The Birds.   In the middle of last week I downloaded an audiobook from my local library site and the DBEM and I were entranced.   Tracey Chevalier speeded up my needle and I am coming to the final stages of my Bird project.   Yes!!  The end is in sight:  the current bird and the feed box to complete and then one free flying bird on the right hand side.   I must remember to stitch the year into the corner too -  I don't want the designer's initials as is charted.
Besides that, the DBEM has completed another small cardigan and is well on the way with a second one.  We shall have to get some more audiobooks ;)
Our Embroiderers Guild has an annual President's Challenge and I decided to participate in this one.  The challenge given was "Inspired by a Book" and after some delay and deliberation I am on the way with this one.   And.....it is not counted work.   Well not all of it.   I was reluctant to take time to stitch something I didn't really want but in a small Guild everyone's efforts count.   I'm not spending money on this one - all the ingredients will come from the stash cupboard.  Even the chart for the central cartouche is from Pinterest:).  I have until the beginning of December to complete this one so I'm not having to rush.
In searching for the necessary charts etc I flipped through the folders of The Gift of Stitching.   Anyone remember that resource?   And I have found the Christmas Ornaments for this year's stitching.   So after The Birds I will be making 2020 Christmas Ornaments and on my finest linen as I need to use that before my eyesight will forbid anything lower than 28 count;)
And now I am off to do some exercise  and the evenings chores.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Enjoy reading your blog Margaret. How funny you should mention TGOS...... I’ve been browsing my copies this afternoon, I’m currently working on “My Lovely Sewing Tools” which was in some of the final issues. Rgds Lesley in Perth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Birds are looking great. Audiobooks are a wonderful idea while you stitch.
I have the whole collection of GoS and finished My Lovely Sewing Tools last year. How funny that Lesley is working on the very same project.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the birds - I bet you'll be so happy to have this done! Can't wait to see what grand plan you are hatching for the challenge.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I only discovered GoS just before it ceased publication. Thankfully I was able to buy the back issues. I enjoy browsing through it even though I have not stitched many of its projects.