Wednesday 15 July 2020

And a finish

A month or so ago a friend at Embroiderers Guild loaned me her copy of Inspirations which featured this pocket and biscornu done in Swedish Sollerosom 
Counted work and in my favourite blue and white combination!   I was hooked.   So I searched through stash and substituted what I had to make do and finally this morning I completed the little pocket.   I had returned the magazine before I realized the construction notes were on the foldout so had to do as I saw fit....still a reasonable fascimile was possible.
 28 Count linen from my stash, DMC Perle #8 floss from stash, silk lining from stash and a button from the DBEM's button box.   The only cost here was time :)
And.... there is even a space for this in my display cabinet.   Happy Dance here tonight.  (and I am on the last bird of the Lanarte Bird sampler so might even get that finished this week)

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is so pretty, I love the blue and the stitching around the edge too. The button is a perfect colour match.

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a prety finish! You did very well, especially with missing instructions.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That is a pretty pocket and I love the shade of blue that you used.