Saturday 18 July 2020

And another finish

The Birds is finished and I will be able to take it to the framer on Monday.   I decided that I wanted to remember the last stitch I put in on this one so made sure it was the eye of the bird in the air on the extreme right.   Probably such minute detail will quickly fade from my memory but it felt good at the time.
This afternoon I explored stash and found a Shepherds Bush Christmas Sampler kit (received as a gift some years ago) which has specialty stitches as well as the cross-stitch-I-am-so-tired-of.   Another attraction is that the floss in the kit is silk and that is such a pleasure to stitch with.   Progress shots will be uploaded in due course:)

7 comments:

Chris said...

This beautiful and looks amazing. Are you pleased with it now its completed I remember you saying you weren't that enthused when you first started?

Heritage Hall said...

so beautifully done, Margaret..Love your idea of the eye-final stitch. The new project sounds charming and fun...

Laura said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to seeing your new project!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance (Flappy Dance?) for your birds. I love the picture but don't think I would stitch it myself so it's been nice to follow your progress!
Looking forward to the Christmas project up next.

MargaretP said...

Lovely finish, so beautifully done.
I saw a book online called Willing Hands, I think you would really like it.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a lovely finish.

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on your finish, I'm sure you're very happy to see this one done! Your new start sounds fabulous.