Here we go with a little post I had prepared previously....
Unaccustomed as I am to posting about myself or my travels on this blog (or indeed any other blog), I have drawn on every ounce of my courage to make this plea. I need a place to visit.
My requirements are few so I list them below:
1. I need an invitation from a willing hostess.
2. The willing hostess needs to show me the sights of her town/city of residence and agree to take photographs and post them on her blog.
3. The willing hostess will need to fill in my passport - I find it very difficult to hold a pen in my hands and require the services of a scribe who can read, write and speak English.
4. The willing hostess will need to provide a postcard of her town/city of residence to help fill the pocket in my passport.
5. The willing hostess will need to provide a small gift for me to take with me when I journey on from her place to the next. (BRIBE here - I will be bringing with me a gift from my current hostess)
Yes! I have just checked with my hostess and her HDHBEM and apparently that is the total requirement. So if any of you out there who are reading this blog, are longing to meet me in person please leave a comment on this post. The HDHBEM said she will assist in drawing a name from "Grandma's Bowl" on 20 October and my hostess said she has my luggage ready so I can travel immediately my destination is decided.
PS Perhaps I should let you know my destinations of choice are (in no particular order)
Scotland (anywhere they have tartan kilts)
Wales (A photo of me with Wills and Kate would become a family heirloom)
Dublin (I hear this is in the Emerald Isle and I just love emeralds)
London (a visit to the Queen would be high on my list but I would settle for Phillip, Charles, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie, .... OK OK you get the picture )
and to a different continent
Zanzibar (I am told the beaches there are beautiful and I didn't get much of a tan while here in Auckland)
South Africa (If those emeralds I mentioned above aren't possible well there are diamond mines here)
Canada (I'd love to meet one of those handsome Mounties)
well anywhere really. I'm not fussy!
Looking forward to hearing from you.