Sunday 3 January 2021

Happy New Year and...

 Happy New Year.   I have trawled through tidied up my stash cupboards and found two forgotten WIP.   One I have decided to continue to forget and the other has been placed in the queue :)   But before I can attend to that or even think about starting anything new I have the temperature chart to mount for hanging, the hardanger apron to complete and the dratted Mill Hill kit won as a prize at Guild to finish off.

I am making good progress on the stitching and now comes the dreaded part -  the beading.

Why oh why do Mill Hill put the beads in mixed bags and expect the stitcher to sort them out only providing generic colour descriptions and the warning "some colours are very similar".   Correct!!!! 


Some of the colours are very similar.   Tonight I spent ages sorting out one bag which is supposed to contain six different colours.   In the artificial light I could only find five colours and am assuming a) from the quantities,  I have mixed up the blue and purple and b) the light yellow and the apricot are probably requiring further sorting out.

Well, that's another job for tomorrow's list.  

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beads in kits can be nightmares, saying that so can some kits with their generic thread descriptions. Well done on sorting through them, good luck with your project

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hate sorting out beads and threads in kits. It can be so difficult at times sorting which coloour is which? Is that a bun tray that your beads are sitting in?

Margaret said...

Thanks I finally finished sorting out the beads and am ready to begin attaching them to the perforated paper.

Margaret said...

Differentiating the colours was hard but much easier in broad daylight:) I sorted them into the little egg trays that came with my refrigerator and which I don't use for their intended purpose. I'm pleased now that I kept them though - just perfect for this project.

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't think I've ever presorted a whole bag of beads when stitching a Mill Hill kit (but taken them right from the bag), but I never ended up with colours this close together either!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You would think they could put the dissimilar colours in the same bags rather than the similar ones!

Margaret said...

It was laborious but made the actual beading more efficient.

Margaret said...

Just what I thought!!