Sunday 7 June 2020

Progress to report

Finally I have a photo of the cardigan knitted for little Sophia and with the cold weather we are having lately it will certainly keep her warm.   The well matched buttons were a stroke of good fortune as under the shop light I thought they'd not match so well.   However I am very happy with this whole garment. 
Next on my knitting agenda is an Aran Cardigan for me, myself and I.   But there are several stitching projects that must be completed before I can start that. Besides which the DBEM has some sewing she wants -  a couple of merino tops.  We will go to the factory to purchase the fabric this week and I hope to sew them next weekend.
And despite having two major sessions of reverse stitching I have completed the third quarter of my Quakers in Japan SAL.   There is still the white to do in the dancing cranes cartouche but I will leave that to last so it doesn't get grimy.   Next is to complete the cherry blossom tree and the lake scene.   And the final pleasures are a Kyoto pagoda and some bonsai trees.   This stitch has been an utter delight from start to .... now.
Hopefully New Zealand will go to Alert Level 1 this week as we have now been 16 days with no new Covid cases and with the move to Level 1 we can begin the "new normal" of life.   I'm looking forward to that:)

4 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Sophia's cardigan is lovely. I look forward to seeing your progress on your Aran Cardigan. I am making slow progress on an Aran jumper for myself. Your Quakers in Japanese has grown quickly. It will seem odd going back to a 'normal' life.

Chris said...

Beautiful patterning on that cardigan and superbly knitted.. love the cross stitch too

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cardigan is very pretty indeed.
The Quaker looks amazing, I saw a finishe version and it is really beautiful.
Well done on coming out of Covid19 so well. If only we had your leadership.
I return to work next week and it really isn't safe yet.

Leonore Winterer said...

The cardigan is gorgeous and I still LOVE the Japanese Quaker - you must be loving it as well as you are making very good progress!