Tuesday 26 March 2019

Helping out the DBEM

This week I am taking compulsory annual leave.   My boss told me I had too much leave accrued and I needed to take it so this is week one of planned leave.
And what to do?    Well I am practicing "good use of time" for the day when I will be retired and will need to ensure I don't grow lazy.   A list of tasks, a pile of books, planned outings and a happy DBEM.   What more could I wish for? 
Today we went to the yarn store and got yarn to knit a winter jacket cardigan for one of my great-nieces.   She already has a much loved one knitted from the same pattern but needs a second one so the first can go in the wash.   Great Grandma cannot see to do this sort of knitting so I am helping out.
Tomorrow I have cleaning of the oven on the list as well as cleaning of the car.   Car first I think:-)  I want to sort out my books and take some boxes to the second hand store too.   Could be a busy day.
The needlebook and pin cushion are ready for construction and I should then be able to finish the Land and Sea Octagonal box.   I want to start another small project so tell myself that needs to be done first.
I am enjoying my week so far and feel quite refreshed and relaxed.

9 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Practising making good use of your time? I think you've got that particular skill fairly well developed already!

Margaret said...

Thank you. It is easy to spend the hours unproductively though isn't it?

Frugally challenged said...

I could major in unproductivity!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's good to have some time to catch up with everything Margaret. One day can blend into the next when you're busy at work and at home.

Margaret said...

I don't think so. Your productivity is off the scale ;-)

Margaret said...

I am enjoying the week so far and feel quite righteous at how much I have accomplished. Time to think has also been helpful in relation to future decisions.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to be made to take time off! It's a good idea to plan though or it does disappear and you wonder what you have actually done.

Margaret said...

Thanks Jo. This week has made me more confident that I can fill my days productively and with satisfaction even if I do give up work.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you enjoyed your week off! That jacket does look very fancy.